Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, it happened to be my year to work the Christmas Holiday. I was very fortunate to be on-call till 11:00 p.m so we were able to make some cookies and have a Christmas Eve party, and then I headed into work. Only six hours, I guess I can't complain it could of been twelve. Since we had the Redmond party just a week ago, we decided to cancel our annual Redmond Christmas Eve party since some of us had to work. We usually have a shrimp dinner and play games at Mom's and Dad's. I did miss it this year so we will have to make it work for next year. Our little family did have a great time making cookies. We pulled out the 150 cookie cutter shapes and made everything from farm animals to Christmas cookies. Before our flour decorating house cookie making, the kids got to open just one present. This year instead of the traditional PJ's, they received John Deere sweats and sweatshirts since this is what they usually wear anyway. Our friend Erin stopped by and the kids had to parade outside to show off their John Deere attire, since her husband is a "Case tractor man."

1 comment:

  1. How Fun you always make the best of everything Sorry you had to work. I am sure glad there are Good Nurses like you around and I am sure all those moms of the babies you take care of really do appreciate you also.

    GO JOHN DEERE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete