Thursday, March 26, 2009

Rhett's Hockey Closing Social March 18

This is the closing of hockey for the season. We have had a great time and have had some fabulous coaches. This is Rhett getting his trophy. He was so excited but before we went I let him know that hockey was over till September. He was sad and not wanting to give some of his equipment back since we rented it. We just wanted to make sure he loves it. Well, he does love it, so we will be a hockey family. Morgan wants to play but she is in too many other activities. At the closing social the ones that played well and were starters received trophies. Mike Maero, one of his favorite coaches handed him his trophy. They had a hard time telling the names of some of the kids without their helmets, but not Rhett. They like him and the way he skates.

Below is Rhett walking back with a big smile on his face. He was so happy!!!! We could skate or eat pizza in the foyer and listen to drawings and socialize. We did a little bit of everything. I was out skating and those kids were wild. Imagine about 150 kids on hockey skates, that can skate well going mock 90. I was trying to show off and do a cross-over on a turn and belly flopped the ice. I was right in front of one of my long time friends Brian Sipe and some parents. I felt like such an idiot.



Mike Maero, an awesome coach and guy who loves and cares about hockey. A few weeks ago at the game, he was lifting kids in the box so the other could skate out. He went to lift Rhett and about fell on his butt. Rhett is very solid and he thought he could swing him over the boards. His comment about it was "Rhett is a solid kid with tons of potential but I just about fell over when I tried to swing him over the boards.Rhett with a big smile after receiving his trophy. Rhett has won ribbons and metals at fairs, rodeos, and soccer, but never a trophy. He is very happy and wants to carry it everywhere.
These pictures say it was March 17, but it was really March 18, 2009 at the Ellen Eccles Ice Arena. Shane and the girls were at 4-h riding their horses because we had a big riding clinic on March 21. We had a great time with friends, so much that I left my camera there and when I went to put this pictures on, no camera. I called them and we picked it up at the front desk. I need to put my name inside.



1 comment:

  1. Good job Rhett! Don't you just love it when they find something that they really LOVE! It's so fun to watch them when they are so involved and enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete