Sunday, April 5, 2009

Terrible Tuesday

What a morning we had this terrible day. I had worked two nights and was very tired so at 5:30 a.m. I pulled in the driveway and parked behind Shane's Dodge. I was thinking that he would drive the black truck to work and I also had to go to the bathroom. Well when I walked in the door, Shane met me at the door telling me we had 2 inches of water in the basement. The sub-pump had stopped and flooded the basement. What a mess since the two girls are downstairs and all of our office and scrapbook stuff is on the floor. Since Shane was going to stay home to help me clean up the mess, he agreed to take the girls to school. We had snow everywhere and he was unaware I parked behind him. You guessed it. He hit my van and put 2200 dollars worth of damage to the side door. The van is paid for and is worth about that. We will await what the insurance company will say about the damage. Preston Watts gave me a bid and it's pretty well totaled. He was MAD at me and the girl's witnessed some colorful words. He did stay home and bought some fans and blowers to help clean up the mess. I knew it was best to go to bed and kept my mouth shut about this matter. I had hit Mandy's car door in the same spot in my driveway a year ago and received a lot of crap from that but I could tell this wasn't a good day to give it back. We are stressed a little because we are building a house and need to put all the money we can to build our house. I will love it but it's not my dream house. We are building a country home so in a few years we can sell it and build a home on more ground. We will have 4.2 acres but we need more with all the cows, but for now it will be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment