Sunday, April 5, 2009

My Dairy Ambassadors, April 4

Morgan was number 10 and had to model as they read a about her and her talents. She did a great job. There were 13 kids in her age group (9-10) and she did a great job.


Morgan was modeling and did a great job.


Kjia modeling and she did a great job also. There were 6 in her group (11-14)and they picked three ambassadors. Dad was taking pictures as I was videotaping. They were very cute and had a great time.


Some of the contestants doing their slogan and their songs.

These are the six new ambassadors and last year's six ambassadors with Cache County's Dairy Princess, Megan Jessop. We were thrilled that Kjia and Morgan made it. We have a very busy schedule but it will be worth it.
Megan Jessop, Cache County Dairy Princess and the girls.
Morgan Larson, our friend and Morgan Perkins. Morgan did a great job also and we love her and her family.
2009/2010 Dairy Ambassadors are (back row L-R) Savannah Summers, Katie Wallentine, Morgan Perkins and (front row L-R) Kjia Perkins, Tia King, and Rebecca Larsen. Congratulations girls and we will have a fun year.
Morgan with all her prizes.
Kjia with all of her prizes.
We had such a crazy week that Thursday I had called the 4-H office to get the number of the lady in charge. I felt like we weren't ready since I hadn't even picked up the paperwork and questions that they needed on Saturday. After I thought about it I called Peggy again at the office and since I was going pass the office to gymnastics I would pick it up and think about it. I felt like since our soccer game on Saturday was cancelled due to wet soccer field, and we had committed we should participate in the Dairy Ambassador Program. Morgan had her party on Friday night so at eleven at night we made a slogan and practice questions. I told the girls just to go and have fun the next morning. I said it will make good practice for queen contests in one month. I have never been so relaxed in my life, because usually I am nervous and uptight. Well, after they announced their number and went up on the stage, Shane asked about the queen contests. Morgan was going to try out for Cache County Rodeo Jr. Princess. He wanted Kjia to hand down her title to her sister. I explained to him that they ride their float in all the same parades as the rodeo royalties. He was upset but I explained to him that I thought we were just coming for some practice because we were so unprepared. Shane is a great dad but did complain at times about all the rodeos and parades that we had to attend. He also hated dealing with all the clothes, hats, etc. that we needed. This will be better though this year due to building a house. The girls are excited and will be great as ambassadors. Congratulations!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. How fun! Your girls are so cute! You are so busy, I don't know how you do it all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations girls! Looks like it was lots of fun and it sounds like there's lots more fun to come this year. olivia is excited to see you in a parade. And.. Happy Birthday Morgan! I guess I am a bigger slacker than your mom J/K.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats girls you will do great!!! Happy birthday Morgan I hope you had a GREAT day... Looks like you guys are extra busy still and will continue maybe one of these days we can get together and have lunch!!! hahaha

    ReplyDelete